God's Power Within Us #4 - Power to the Weak & Weary
Today we continue learning about God's Power within us. God's Word is full of passages talking about His power and showing us that we have nonstop access to His strength every second of every day.
Today we will be focusing on Isaiah 40:28-31
Remember, Jesus said that we (Spirit filled Christians) are able to perform all of the miraculous works that Jesus did when He was here in human form. Actually, Jesus said that we would do EVEN GREATER than what He did (see Scripture passage below).
John 14:12-14 also shows us how powerful the name of Jesus Christ is: "If you ask anything in My name". (It is important to note that these miracles must glorify our Heavenly Father).
Since there are so many wonderful "Power" passages in God's Word, I decided to write a "Power" post on the last Sunday of every month.
(Actually, I got off schedule, so this is the first Sunday of October)
Below is the featured "power" passage for October:
First we need to remind ourselves of the absolute greatness of our Heavenly Father:
- Our Lord God Almighty is EVERLASTING
- He is the Creator of the ends of the earth (that is a whole teaching in and of itself)
- He will NOT grow weary or tired
- Nobody can fathom God's understanding
Let's define the basics:
Weary - physically or mentally tired
Weak - lacking physical strength, energy or vigor
Usually we think of the elderly when we are talking about weariness and weakness, but look at the passage above. It talks about the young stumbling around and getting tired. We ALL need God's strength and power - it's not just for the elderly.
Verse 31 is so wonderfully descriptive! Let's detail it line by line:
1. All we have to do is grasp onto the hope of Jesus Christ and our strength is renewed!!! The hope of Jesus Christ is - eternal life & forgiveness of sins (which is the free gift to all who receive it!!). All because Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself and died on the cross, rose again and is sitting at the right hand of the Father for ever and ever.
2. We will soar on wings like eagles. God provides and guides - it is as if we are flying through the air because of God's strength and power.
3. We will run and not grow weary. If you're over 50 years old then you know how easy it is to get tired out when running. This is symbolic of course, but as we run through life, the everyday happenings will wear you out on a daily basis. However, our Lord's power will prevent us from growing weary.
4. We will walk and not be faint. This is about endurance. Many miles of walking through life means many years of serving God by using whatever spiritual gift He has given us. We can continue serving God even into our elderly years by drawing from His power every day!
Our strength and power comes from our Heavenly Father who will NEVER grow weary or tired!
Previous "Power" posts:
Take Up The THANKFULNESS Challenge!
I challenge you to thank God for something everyday for one year! Either write it down in a diary OR share with us on a blog. If you have a blog & would like to share your THANKFULNESS posts with us, then please fill out this form: 365 Days of Being THANKFUL form - click HERE and you will be added to the THANKFULNESS page.