Cranberry and Sweet Potato Bran Muffins
These muffins are so delicious and the combination of Cranberries and Sweet potatoes is perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday. There is a good amount of bran without tasting too "brany" (which in my opinion is a problem with many bran muffins out there).
1 cup bran flakes
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup sweet potatoes (already cooked, peeled and mashed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter (cooled to warm)
1/4 teaspoon salt (if you are using salted butter then omit this salt)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries
|The dough is mixed and ready to be placed in a muffin tin|
1. In a large bowl - stir the milk, bran flakes and sweet potatoes together and allow the bran flakes to soften for about 10 minutes.
2. Mix the melted butter, sugar and egg with a whisk.
3. With a wooden spoon - stir the sweet potato/bran/milk mixture together with the egg/butter/sugar mixture.
3. Now, with a wooden spoon, mix the remaining ingredients (except for the dried cranberries) - stir just until the flour has been mixed in.
4. Add the dried cranberries and stir - the dough should look like the picture above.
5. Spray the muffin tin (or if you prefer - use paper muffin liners). With 2 large tablespoons - drop the dough in the muffin tin - see picture above (this recipe makes a perfect amount for a 12 count regular sized muffin tin) .
6. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
Allow to cool and ENJOY!
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.