Decorating the Twin Cupcake CAKES
My mom made the cakes using the cake pan seen in the pictures below. One cake was Vanilla for Paige and the other cake was Chocolate for Meghan.
(Click HERE to view the "Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan")
1. After baking and cooling the cake - begin by leveling off each half so that the top of the cupcake fits nicely on the bottom.
2. Make your frosting (we made a butter cream frosting - not to be confused with pure butter cream). Spread the frosting on the bottom so that the top will stay in place.
3. Dye some of the frosting (if desired) and begin decorating or piping the bottom portion.
4. Gently place the top onto the previously frosted bottom.
5. Now frost the top (we purposely made it look rough so that it really looked like a cupcake)
6. Finally top with fondant shapes & designs. I dyed my own fondant & then rolled it out & free hand cut the flowers and leaves - if you don't feel confident "free hand cutting" then make a pattern on wax paper first to use as a guide when cutting.
Copyright, Permissions & Disclaimer
Couponing & Cooking
Stone Gable- On the Menu Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
Mix It up Mondays
All My Bloggy Friends
Adorned From Above
What I Made Wednesday
Live Laugh Rowe
Please checkout this month's wonderful Sponsor!!
Cynthia Tessmer from "Shoreline Designed" creates Natural Beach Stone Jewelry (Please click on the ad below):
Find out more about this amazing artist CLICK HERE