But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, 'Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.' After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with this mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route." Matthew 2: 1 - 12
|All 4 candles have been lit on the Advent Wreath|
Please listen to the YouTube video of this beautiful Christmas Carol below the lyrics.
Now turn with me to number 112 in your hymnals and let's sing:
We Three Kings of Orient Are
John H. Hopkins, 1820-1891 John H. Hopkins, 1820-1891
1. We three kings of Orient are: Bearing gifts we traverse afar Field and fountain, moor and mountain, Following yonder star.
2. Born a King on Bethlehem's plain, Gold I bring to crown Him again, King forever, ceasing never Over us all to reign.
3. Frankincense to offer have I; Incense owns a Deity nigh; Prayer and praising all men raising, Worship Him, God on high.
4. Myrrh is mine; its bitter perfume Breathes a life of gathering gloom: Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, Sealed in the stone-cold tomb.
5. Glorious now behold Him arise, King and God and Sacrifice; Alleluia, Alleluia! Sounds thro' the earth and skies.
O star of wonder, star of night, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding. Guide us to Thy perfect light.
A special thanks to "urkindofmusic15" for posting this on YouTube
First of Advent 2013 - Angels We Have Heard on High
Second of Advent 2013 - Angels from the Realms of Glory
Third of Advent 2013 - Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming
I love this story! It's always reminds me what we can find in life if we truly follow God's leading.ReplyDelete